We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use or buy our products over the phone, online or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media. This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by RLP Visas LTD.
Who are we
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re generally referring to RLP Visas Ltd T/a DJB “RLP & DJB” and our official DJB logos are registered trademarks of RLP Visas Ltd Ltd. Registered Office – Unit 2 Long Street, Shoreditch, London E2 8HQ. Registered in England and Wales: 574 5974
What Information we hold
Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, gender, Job title, telephone number, email address, demographic information (postcode, interests & preferences) IP addresses, operating system, referral information, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media; Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on); Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password; Information about any device you have used to access our website (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and how you use our website. For example, we try to identify which search engines etc. you use and when and how you use them. Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our emails.
The information we collect may be used to
• Make available our products and services available to you;
• Process your orders;
• Take payment from you or give you a refund
• Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
• Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
• For statistical analysis;
• Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, and the manner in which you consume them, so, we can serve you better.
• Find ways to improve our Services, apps and websites;
• Contact you about products and services from us and other companies;
• Provide you with online advertising;
• Provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers; and • Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
Who we might share your information with
Our service providers The Company may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that The Company requests. Other organisations and individuals We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
• If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of a business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers – but only so they can evaluate that business;
• If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them, so they can continue to provide the Services to you;
• If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound, or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
• If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or
• In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
• Contact details of data protection officer Philip Turnbull – [email protected] – DJB Data Controller / Data Protection Office
• The purposes and legal basis for processing and if legitimate interest basis then provide transparency DJB Only collects data for the Basis of obtaining Clients the required Passports and Visas on behalf of Legal Governing Embassies / Consulates.
• Recipients of the data and if the data is transferred to other jurisdictions Your data is only shared with Embassies and Consulates in order to obtain respective visa
• Individual rights and be able to lodge a complaint You have the right to query or lodge a complain by contacting the Data Controller for DJB
• Retention period DJB will not retain information once the visa has been issued.
Keeping you informed
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means. We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but we will still need to send you occasional service-related emails.
Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by The Company by emailing [email protected] with the email subject line ‘Data Request’. If you would like us to delete your personal data and remove you from our database, we will delete the personal data we currently hold within six months of your request. Security Data security is of great importance to The Company and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website. Changes to this Policy The Company reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
11 Lever Street
This document was last updated on October 16, 2018.
Already applied for a visa? Track Application
A very professional and swift service. The team is ready with accurate and up to date advice on requirements for different types of visa requirements, business or visitor with all the necessary forms which they can also fill in from your details. An essential service. The DJB newsletter is also a useful source of information on changes.
I required an urgent Visa and they pulled out all the stops to complete it. Outstanding effort DJB Thank You.
DJB provided an exceptionally high level of service in support of my application for a Chinese visa, setting out exactly what was required, giving precise guidance on the requirements for the Letter of Invitation, reviewing my application and responding by return to emails including at 7.50am and 9.55pm. Very efficient too at the Visa Centre itself; I was in and out in 25 minutes.
Have used DJB Visas for a few years now and they offer a much better service than the previous company I used. They take the worry and hassle out of applying for visas and check everything for you before submitting the application. Would highly recommend.